Thursday, June 9, 2011

God Save the Drag Queens

Camden, despite everything being closed, was a blast! We wander the darkening streets and took photos of all the elaborate shop fronts. There wasn't too much going on for a Monday (surprise...) but we went to The Elephant's Head pub, est. 1902! Had a few to drink with overpriced spicy rice puff snacks. On the way home the tubes were mostly clear, so a seat that was vomited upon was clearly displayed.

Yesterday I was fortunate enough to be selected to have a private tour of Lipsy HQ. Kristi Eames, the Director of Retail, treated us with tea and all her knowledge, as well as sweet swag bags.

After class we had a bit of a break to do laundry while most of the class attended a graduate fashion show.

And after THAT we went to see the most amazing musical.... Priscilla Queen of the Desert! Cyd and I danced and sung along and it was really the most fun. I couldnt stop smiling the whole time. Even had a fancy themed cocktail (Bernadette Bramble Flush) which tasted like sherbet. After the show we went to a pizzeria italiano with Ashley and Alfred and then made our way to the flat.

This morning was epic. We went to the famed World's End and I nearly cried. My heart was pounding and it was just about as bad as when I met Adam Hughes of illustrative fame. Even though it's not in my budget I dropped £45 for Vivienne Westwood earrings. The packaging is even going to be cherished. Made our way around King's Road and popped into a cute yet non-vegan cupcake shop, The Chelsea Teapot. Further up we had tea and tour at Harvery Nichols. Once the tour finished Cyd and I perused and tried on some fancy hats as everyone here is preparing for the Queen's birthday and the Ascot events. That's right. I tried on something Cherry Chau that was £485....maybe more! I also accidentally manhandled an Alexander McQueen dress that was nearly £1000.

We're eager to return to Camden and see it in it's subcultural waking day glory.... more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment